Dog Friendly Park Guidelines
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
The City of Wauseon allows for dogs to accompany their owners to Homecoming Park. The City has recently received numerous complaints about individuals not cleaning up their dog's waste, not having their dog properly leashed and having their dog in the playground area. As a friendly reminder please find below the city code pertaining to the dog friendly park guidelines.
505.17 ANIMAL PROHIBITIONS
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, no person, being the owner of any animal, or harboring or having charge or control of the same shall permit such animal, whether on a leash or running at large to do any of the following:
(1) To be in any public park within the municipality.
(2) To be present at any function which requires a parade permit issued by the municipality.
(b) Subject to the following restrictions, dogs shall be permitted in Homecoming Park:
(1) A dog shall be kept on a leash and under the control of its owner at all times.
(2) No dog shall be allowed in any playground area.
(3) The owner of a dog must remove any waste left by the dog.